Community Catering People Pty Ltd trading as Catering People (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We take our customers' privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below. Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry's best practice.
Personal information collected
If you signed up to Catering People service through another channel Catering People does not sell, share or trade customers' personal information collected online with third parties. Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group for internal use only.
Collection of Personal Information
When you create a Catering People account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- To deliver the products you have purchased from Catering People
- To ensure your eligibility for Catering People services
- To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes
- To provide you with relevant product information
When you register as a user on Catering People website, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time. You can unsubscribe from electronic marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on CCP | Your Catering People website. Alternatively, you may contact us directly at fu[email protected] or by calling 0476 047 825.
Security of Your Personal Information
Catering People ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Square complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) on your behalf so you do not need to individually validate your state of compliance. The following are items that Square has addressed on your behalf:
- Square Point of Sale does not retain payment card data on the mobile device or within the application.
- Square Point of Sale uses the Square Reader to encrypt all card-present transactions at the point of swipe, so information remains encrypted throughout transmission from the reader, to the application, to Square’s data centers. All communications are secure whether connected to the Internet via a wireless or cellular data network (EDGE, 3G or 4G.)
- Square Point of Sale enables you to enter payment card data. In addition, you can review transactions via the online dashboard or within the application itself. Square does not surface or display the full credit card number to the seller so there is no way to inadvertently display this data to any Square account holder.
- Square Point of Sale provides an application that is secure by default allowing customers to focus on their business. There are no configurable security controls within the application.
- Square Point of Sale does not require or permit remote connectivity to the application.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from Catering People website.
In exceptional circumstances Catering People may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
Catering People is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit Catering People, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website.
This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within Catering People you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics also uses “Cookies”, text files that are saved on the hard drive of your computer and enable the analysis of website use through you. The information gathered by the cookie about the use of this website will generally be transmitted to Google servers in the US and saved there. As licensed by the owners of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyze your use of this website, in order to compile reports regarding the website activity, and in order to render further services associated with website activity and internet usage to the owner of this website. The IP address of your browser as detected by Google Analytics will not be conflated with other data from Google. You can choose to prevent the saving of cookie files through the relevant setting in your browser software; we would however like to inform you that you will in this case not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. You can choose to prevent Google’s collection and usage of the data gathered by cookie files to provide information regarding your usage of this website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here. By using this website, you are consenting to the appropriation of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes laid out above.
Catering People reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.